Aug 24, 2006

Act locally, think globally: Shop Wal-Mart.

Why I am happy to be a proud Wal-Mart stock holder.  Just doing my part to help the poor ;-)

TCS Daily - Forget the World Bank, Try Wal-Mart
"Even without considering the $263 billion in consumer savings that Wal-Mart provides for low-income Americans, or the millions lifted out of poverty by Wal-Mart in other developing nations, it is unlikely that there is any single organization on the planet that alleviates poverty so effectively for so many people."

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Wal-mart. On the one hand, I love love love getting a bargain. On the other hand, why can I never just spend 20 or 30 minutes there? It is like a time warp exists over every Wal-mart store...I go into some sort of trance or something while I am in there...