Feb 20, 2007

Pictures of my guts!

I spent this morning at the surgery center having my insides looked out. They took a scope and crammed it down my throat to look at my stomach and part of my intestines. The good news is they didn't see any tumors or signs of cancer but if you look at the picture below in the lower right you can supposedly see some "irritation". Sorry for the poor quality, these are pictures that Jenny took with my cell phone of the pictures the doctor had, I was too out of it to do it myself. I was just disappointed that I didn't get a video of it to take home. Anyway they took some biopsy's that I should find out about by Friday. Hopefully they will find evidence of H-Pylori that can just be treated with antibiotics, otherwise it is back to the drawing board as to why despite taking prescription antacid (like Prevacid, Aciphex and Nexium), I still get heartburn every day.

For clarification these are pictures of the inside of my stomach.

6 comments:

You can call me Kentolla said...

You sick-o, that makes me want to puke... Well... Not really, but it could. I hope they get it figured out...

nattyman said...

I didn't even post the gross picture! I thought Matt would especially appreciate the graphic image.

nattyman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

You probably don't realize since you were so out of it when the doctor was telling us what the pictures were, but these pictures are actually of your esophagus. The pictures that you thought were too gross to post were of your stomach, hah.

lobiwan said...

I am totally going to flag your blog.

Gail said...

I have now seen more of you than I thought I would ever want to see. I would rather go back to changing your poopy diapers.