May 17, 2006

Conversation with a Spammer and other Ramblings

Conversation with a Spammer- A Securtiy company calls it quits basically b/c the Russian Mob threatens to spam them into oblivian.

It is interesting that people are still having this much of a problem with spam.  I have been using Gmail for about the last 8 months and it ROCKS.  It filters out 99% of my spam, so it goes straight to my spam folder and I never see it.  Even before that I was using SpamAssassin on my server and it did a pretty good job.  All of the spam that comes to my Gmail is from other accounts that I filter through it so I have one centralized place for my email. 

If you don't want spam DON'T PUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE INTERNET!!  And of course don't hand it out to people either, only give it to companies that you trust.  I don't get any email to my actual Gmail account.

Anyway i am just rambling about stuff.  Really I am too distracted to focus waiting for Jenny to pick me up so we can go work on the new house... She is taking forever!

No comments: