Dec 13, 2006

Any ideas?

I came home at lunch in my car. The kids and I went to get something to eat in the Explorer b/c Jenny was sick. Came home and then went outside to leave in my car... but no keys. Not in my pockets, not in my coat, not on the table or the kitchen cabinet, not on the dresser or anywhere on the floor in the living room and not in the car.

Finally I went back to work in the Explorer. Then I came home around 3 b/c Jenny was too sick. Searched for about an hour and I still haven't found them!! It is the ONLY key I have to that car!!

I did take out the trash, which I went back and looked through a little. I guess the next step is to take all of the trash back out of the dumpster and lay it out in the Garage.

Does anyone have any other ideas!!?

6 comments:

lobiwan said...

Did you go out to eat at a restaurant or grab something in a drive-thru and eat back at your house?

Did you sit down on the couch or any other key eating furniture?

That's all I've got.

I do know that as soon as you pay the dealership for a new key that you will find your old key.

nattyman said...

Sonic drive through so we never left the car, and yes I searched that car.

I am pretty sure I didn't sit or lay down on anything, but I checked both of the couches anyway. I am really dreading having to go out and pull a CSI on the trash :-S

lobiwan said...

I would call the local (insert make of car here)dealership before I searched through all the trash-- As far as I know all they need is your vin # and proof of ownership and they can make you a key on the spot.
lobiwan (they won't let me log in)

You can call me Kentolla said...

I believe Matt is right, I stole a car that way once...

Anselm said...

Your keys are in the abysmal, space-time nexxus you refer to as the Explorer. I would do a thorough search and maybe even an exorcism of that vehicle. It's kind of like the house in Poltergeist. Keep an eye on your kids while your in that thing.

nattyman said...

Alas I have searched the Explorer multiple times to no avail. After spending 3 hours searching last Wednesday, including the trash (puke face), I gave in and called a locksmith. $135 to get 2 new keys! Darn security keys are nothing but trouble.

Thanks for the help though guys.