Aug 2, 2007

Thank you for your sacrifice

I received a call from my dad yesterday telling my that my cousin Ambers husband had been killed in Iraq yesterday morning by an IED.  If you live in GC you have probably already heard about it.  Travis Bachman was only 30 years old and left behind 2 children with Amber.  I just wanted to say something on here in order to honor his service to our country and the ultimate sacrifice that he and his family made.  I ask that anyone reading this will take a moment to pray for those he left behind.

Here is the news story including some video and an interview with Amber.
http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/8858862.html#

---------

In other news I am thankful to say that my aunt and uncle safely drove over the I-35 W bridge, like they do every day, just 2 hours before it collapsed yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this information, Heath. I am saddened by your families loss and admire your cousin-in-law's courage and commitment.