Jul 31, 2007

The Ascent of Stan

I first met Stan in our Kitchen.  He was different than the others... quiet and calm.  I decided right away that I liked him.  His uniqueness drew me to him and I decided to let him stay.

The next day I found Stan in the hallway.  The kids thought he was cool too.  That evening he had moved to the stairs coming from the entryway.  I rarely saw him move, he would just appear in different places.  The next day he had relocated to the dinning room.

Then I didn't see Stan

Until later in the shower.  I was singing a Ben Folds song in my mind.  That is when I saw him staring down at me again.  After the surprise I laughed out loud.  That is when I decided to name him Stan, after the Ben Folds song I was singing.

He seems to like it in the bathroom off of our bedroom because he has stayed in there for several days now.  He will never find his purpose in our house though and so soon i will set him free.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

In general I like Stan, but it did kind of creep me out when I looked up and saw him staring at me while I took a shower.

Trinket said...

Who/What is Stan?

Gail said...

Okay. What is Stan?
I want to know before I come to visit again.
Gail